Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Love is in the air in the form of sloppy kisses, spit-up stained pants and sweaty gym clothes. Nate and I enjoyed dinner with some friends last night and then stayed up until 1am catching up on our favorite shows. So we rolled out of bed late this morning and started a mad rush to get to church on time.

After church Nate had a basketball game and then we came home for a nap, Nascar and the Olympics. I made the boys lasagna and cheesecake for dessert and Kaden declared it the best pasta ever. A resounding compliment from the boy who won't eat anything. He really liked my homemade chicken and noodles a couple weeks ago and ate his dinner faster than Luke. Since it was such a hit I decided to make it for his birthday and was told "Mom you just made this." So the lasagna may be the best thing ever but I probably won't make it again until July.

They got me a super cute card and Nate gave me a card that really hit the nail on the head. He also got me an apron that I've been asking for, Vera Bradley perfection. When I was making dinner, wearing my new apron, Luke crowned me with my tiara. He does that every once in awhile and I think it's really funny to be slaving away in the kitchen wearing a tiara. It makes the ordinary service very special!

I love my boys. I love to cook for them and bake for them. I love to read to them and sing to them. During dinner we each took turns telling everyone what we loved most about them. I am loved for singing to them, making the best pasta and for being a best friend. Jack said he likes my boobs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment