Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Making a New Life

Today at Bible study I started thinking about making a new life for our kids. We get to shape them and mold them and equip them. Instead of freaking out like I usually would, I felt challenged. I know what I want them to be when they grow up. It looks a lot like I want them to be now... only bigger. But that means I am going to have to be intentional about the environment where they are raised.

I will have to intentionally set aside my goals, desires and self-seeking ways so I can be spirit-led and intentional about my boys and shaping them into men. Men who honor God, their parents, their wives and children. Men who have an insatiable hunger and thirst to know God and His Word. Men who work hard and are dedicated in everything they do. Men who don't quit or give up or settle for any less than God's best.

There are things about our childhoods that we want to be different for the kids and I know I am going to have to fight some very real selfish and "fleshy" instincts. I need to retrain my brain as a wife and mom. I need to put their needs first and trust that God is going to take care of me in the meantime. It's discipline... yuck. It's worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment