Sunday, January 10, 2010

Turkeybirds and ABC's

Why Turkeybirds? Why Bitsy, Bopsy & Boo? I have a million nicknames for my kids including, but not limited to: This one, that one, love, lovey, lovey lamb, lovey dove, J, K, L, Luker Duker, K-bird, JJ, JJ the jet plane, Jack Jack Attack, K-man, Lukie Dukie, and on and on.

I love nicknames. They mean intimacy and love and family. They mean affection and endearment. Terms of endearment... someone should write a movie about that and cast some crackpot like Shirley McClain. Anywho, I love nicknames! Maybe it's because I've had so many and gave Nate his first one which stuck and now everybody calls him that so I need to think up a new one.

Turkeybird is how you describe a feisty 2 year old. Bitsy, Bopsy and Boo are my boys and those names are interchangeable and can also be combined, as in "Bitsy Boo what's wrong."

We are also an alphabetical family: Jack, Kaden, Luke, Marjie, Nate. It's all sort of accidentally on purpose. I don't plan on having a family of 26 to get all the letters in there but I never say never! I've learned that as a mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment