Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bopsy

Kaden is our second child. He is 4... and a half! He is sunshine. Kaden says he is in "preschool homeschool." He pretty much does everything Luke does just in a simpler manner. I think he actually knows more than he lets on. When I ask if knows how to do something... like skip count or read, he will tell me "No Mom that's for kindergartens. I am in preschool homeschool."

Kaden does what Luke does. Kaden likes what Luke likes. If you want to know Kaden get to know Luke. Kaden is a more typical "middle kid." Since both of his parents are middle kids we are determined that K will shine all on his own. It's just tough when your older bro is super cool and you worship every move he makes!

Kaden has sweet stick-em-up hair and an overall sweet disposition. He is helpful and cheerful but also knows how to work a room. Even as a baby he would scan a room, lock eyes with some weak soul and squeeze two tears onto his cheeks so he could get some sympathy. Today he just whines or cries... it's actually still pretty cute and funny.

K goes to physical therapy every week to correct some musculer-skeletal issues he has. Basically all of my kids are huge but K's muscles can't keep up with his bone growth and that causes him to walk on his toes. K was in casts to help out which made a HUGE difference in a short period of time. Now he just needs to learn how to walk heel to toe. He is doing great and handles all of this craziness very well. His only request are cookies and chocolate milk from the hospital snack shop at the end of therapy.

Kaden is the kid who sealed the deal and made us a real family. Having 2 kids made Nate and I feel truly grown up. I found out I was pregnant with K when Luke was 10 months old. It was a surprise...again! We were living in Las Vegas while Nate played ball. Nate was on a road trip and flew in a few days after I found out. I kept it a secret and when he arrived at the airport Luke was wearing a shirt that said "I'm the Big Brother." Nate thought it was a practical joke but was thrilled when he learned it was no joke! The boys are 18 months apart and gave me quite the run for my money. With a traveling baseball player Daddy, we bonded and had a blast as the 3 Amigos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment