Friday, January 15, 2010

A day in the life...

Today was a day! It started with Physical Therapy for Kaden. Nate was able to keep Luke at the office and I took Jack. We visited with my friends while K was at therapy. PT always means two things: #1 a tired Kaden and #2 SNACKS! Today it was a doughnut and strawberry milk.

Since K's appointment was early we were able to grab a quick lunch with Daddy. Jack had no nap so he nursed and promptly fell asleep for all of 5 minutes. He's just not that into naps outside the crib anymore.

After we dropped Nate off we headed to Target to pick up supplies for LAUNDRY ROOM REHAB 2010. This poor laundry room has been a major deal since we moved in and it has not been touched in well over a year. It needs a table, two shelves, the window framed in and the door completed. This project was started May 2008 when I was on a trip to NYC with my sisters. I may never leave home again. I can't build things and we don't have the money to hire but I figure I can organize and decorate for a very low cost. Every time I think of spending money I think of families in Haiti and I put down the new jar to hold the laundry detergent that already comes in a perfectly fine container.

This weekend's goal is to decorate the laundry room and post my before and after shots. TWO FIRSTS! First to decorate by rehabbing things I already have and spending under $50 for the necessaries and a first to post photos! A lot to keep my little mind busy... and Nate too. He still doesn't know about the blog but he will be providing the hammering and measuring for me. I know how to hammer but he's picky about holes in walls. Life will be better if I just let him do it!

Oh and today I also got to hang out with some really cool homeschool moms and let my kids go crazy at a homeschool soccer event thingy. The kids played and ran and kicked and jumped and spied for 2 hours! Can we say 7:00 bedtime!!! I liked being able to talk to other moms, hear their ideas about math and reading and writing. It was also good to just hear that my struggles are shared, other people have bad days too and boys who hate to read and days that are awesome with breakthroughs. And there was no pressure. We all do our own thing and that's good. No one way is perfect because each kid is different. I have a good thing going with these kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment